Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

July 4, 2011

Loner, me?

I remember once being branded as loner by my classmates during childhood. I admit I don't have many close friends, but I do have friends. I had best friends too. But for some reason, they go away not because they are starting to hate me, but because of their parents work. They needed to move some place else far away. And they need to change schools. Communication is a bit difficult. At that time, a child having a cellphone is not a common thing. It's a pity, but it can't be helped. And so, I felt alone.

My parents pick me up at school at a late time compared to my other classmates back then. Most of the time, me and my siblings are the one to go back home last of the entire school. That's how my parents are so busy at work. But, they don't need to worry much about us because the school is big and safe enough. We got used to it and it's no biggy for us except that we get bored and start to get hungry. Hahaha! We understand that they are doing those overtime work for our sake.

Since my classmates before go home earlier, I don't have someone to play with. I have siblings but our interests are sometimes a bit different. I sometimes play basketball with them even as a girl, and I think that's the reason why I came to be athletic. I learned to love different sports.

Being alone is a common thing to me but I did not realize that I am being considered as a loner. I found out that they thought of me that way when I was in my 6th grade of elementary. An activity where we had to pass around a paper and whoever's paper you get, you write how you describe the person. And there I saw the word "loner".